Joe, the Russian Spanish speaker

I think the funniest thing that happened this week was a server at Chili's on Saturday asked us where we were from. Joe told him that we were American, living in Guadalajara. The server said he could tell Joe was foreign because of his accent. Joe then asked what his accent sounded like. The server then told Joe that his accent sounded like a Russian accent! I have yet to meet a Russian foreigner in Guadalajara! Or even HEAR of one visiting. It just made me laugh because Joe had such a stumped look on his face. RUSSIAN?! That's a first. The server said his accent sounded foreign because his pronunciation was very harsh. Joe said it is because he focuses on his pronunciation when he speaks. And so Joe said he can see why it sounds harsh.

Here is one of my favorite videos of Tali this week!



Here are some pics of Tali and Joe.



Look at Tali's face in this picture. I love it.


Joe's a good dad. He loves his little girl. Tali is starting to show a little bit of attitude. She has so much personality. I love it! She likes to talk to Oma (Grandma Jana) on the computer. She is starting to eat EVERYTHING she can get her hands to grab. She hasn't rolled over again this week, but she is getter stronger and stronger. She's starting to grab and pinch cheeks and lips! I have to trim her nails

2 comments:

jespy06 said...

You guys make me laugh. Joe, the Russian. I'm glad he isn't!

mom j

jespy06 said...

And I love seeing Tali talk. She is quite the jabbery girl.